Thursday, May 14, 2009
Reflection on Commentary:
All though the commentary assignment has been put to rest, or at least temporarily, I still wanted to do a reflection for it. For my assignment I chose to write about freedom of speech and what it meant to me. As an individual born and raised in the United States I am very adamant in regards to the personal freedoms that I have. I am very adamant about freedom of speech in particular. Having to do this assignment truly reminded me of how it felt to have such privileges and how far that we as a nation have came in order to get to this point. For freedom of speech is not something that is just guaranteed and in fact there are countries where it is absolutely not allowed. There are countries where women in fact are not allowed to talk at all freely. So not only am I extremely grateful as a person but as a woman and one that is looked at as a minority as well. It delights me to know the rights I have. As most of the assignments, doing this was interesting because I was not the typical boring essay that puts you to sleep. Because we have the freedom to write on whatever we choose it was even better. There are not too many professors who give their students that freedom and to have that and run with it, how could you go wrong? As a student and a writer for this assignment I didn’t see any negatives. There simply were not any. I enjoyed it to the fullest and had nothing but positive things to say about it. It intrigued me, it interested me and most of all, and it kept my attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment