Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Reflection on How to Guide.
The how to guide like many others was an assignment I felt was very creative. I have never done anything of the sort and felt it was very interesting. Having to think of a way to give someone steps in order to achieve something is awesome. It put me in a thinking process I certainly do not get too involved in on a daily basis. The allowing of this assignment being a group project was even better. Once again I was able to meet more of my classmates and interact with them on a social yet scholarly manner. Their ideas definitely were creative and they were both very open to suggestions. Our communication was great and we absolutely vibed off of one another extremely well. There were no negatives whatsoever and I have to say that, that was an extreme plus. For it is rare and ever so pleasant when a situation like that one occurs. We chose to do a guide on how to be successful academically, socially and then both together. It was very interesting to see their points of view on the topic and even more interesting when all of our thoughts came together. Seeing the ideas that the gentlemen in my group had simply astounded me. They are way more creative and outgoing than I thought. I didn’t expect them to have what they had and I surely didn’t expect for us to get along as well as we did. My portion simply consisted of how to be successful when partying (the social aspect). I somewhat struggled at first because I do not party too often. Especially when school is in session, however whenever I go home for a break or so I do get my fair share. I guess that is all I really needed to know in order to explain, since that was my portion. It reminded me of the different experiences I have had when partying and allowed me to give my reader the definite do’s and don’ts. Simply amazing was this assignment. So far the assignments have been one’s that absolutely intrigue me. They are one’s that are definitely different from the typical essays which is what I think I like about them so much. Because they are different the approach to competing them has also been different. Some take tons of time to complete while others take not so much time at all. Creating a how to guide was fun and exciting. It was different and absolutely a ball once completed. It made me step outside of my comfort zone and really get my creative juices flowing so that I could make my portion of the assignment worth while. The timing of this could not have been at a better time because I’m beginning to instruct my little sister on the do’s and don’ts of college partying and academics. The assignment was wonderful and I truly have no complaints. Molly great job on this one. The entire set up was extraordinary! Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment