Tuesday, May 26, 2009

reflection on annotated bib.

Doing this assignment by far was one of the most stressful. This was an assignment that I had no idea how to do. I was completely confused when we were even given the topic and not only that, but I felt as though I over exaggerated the situation. I believed that when I first began I started out rocky. I had never done an annotated bibliography before so this was all completely new to me. The entire process of researching and what have you was insane. I thought that I was doing the assignment wrong all the time and I always second-guessed the source I decided to use. I chose to do it on the eating disorder bulimia. I chose this topic specifically because it was interesting and it intrigued me. It was a topic that I personally have had experience with. friends and family have been involved in such a disorder while apart of my life so I knew it would be good for me to write on it. The process of this assignment was lengthy. It required tons of thought and lastly it was just difficult for me. Perhaps that is all because it was my first time. I’m not exactly sure what the reason. All I know now is that I’m glad it’s over and I’m glad that I completed it. It felt wonderful once I was done I must admit. So thanks you Molly for giving me this experience. Job well done. (Totally not being sarcastic) On the other hand there were some positives to this assignment. I learned some new facts about bulimia that I previously was not aware of. I also discovered different social networks in the Cincinnati area that help women deal with eating disorders and it was definitely a plus to read the testimonies of other girls who have suffered from the disease and overcame it. An inspiration it was truly, to see what they had to go through and how they survived. So it is those that I would say that were definite positives for me. Cool assignment overall. Would I do it again? Probably not by choice. Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment