Thursday, May 14, 2009

Reflection on Style

For the style paper I felt that it was one that required a little time and effort. Although that is not bad, it did turn out to be one of the few assignments that I didn’t like too much. However it also turned out to be one of the assignments I learned quite a bit from. While reading style I got to see different points of view as to how a person should write and how one should take notice to every day errors made by us. While doing this I realized just how different they way I write compared to the standards of the man who influenced those chapters of style. When having to do the revision I saw that yes it did not make sense when I first wrote it out. I noticed that some of his way of writing was in fact very different from what I had expected. Because we were told that it didn’t have to flow, nor did it have to look structured, allot of potentially stressful outcomes were demolished. Looking at how he would have me write it versus the way it was originally written was actually pretty funny. There was a low sense of confusion throughout the entire process but all is well that ends well right? Comparing all the styles of writing throughout the text helped to get an understanding of just what it was that the professor was looking for. I’m not sure if the purpose of this was to broaden our sense of numerous writing styles or what, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I enjoyed it. When working with a classmate so that we could evaluate just what the assignment was along with getting their opinion I have to say that, that was key to my happiness with this assignment. I love getting to meet new classmates and I love being able to network with them whether it be socially or academically. In this case it was definitely academically but still very much so fun. Another assignment completed and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment